Disease and Insect Treatment
Like any plant, trees are susceptible to insect or disease damage. These diseases and pests can cause serious damage if they are left untreated. Our Florence tree experts have seen a wide range of issues with all types and species of trees over the years. Feel free to contact us if you think your tree has an insect problem or a disease.
Some Common Diseases and Pests in the Florence SC Area
- Southern Pine Beetle – Signs include yellowing of the needles and pitch tubes on the trunk.
- Emerald Ash Borer – Signs include thinning foliage and bark that is splitting.
- Fire Blight – Signs include lesions on the leaves and cankers on the branches.
- Oak Wilt – Signs include yellow and/or brown leaves that fall off the tree prematurely.
- Sudden Oak Death – Signs include cankers, wilting, and eventually death.
- Bagworms – Signs include defoliation. There will be silky bags hanging from the trees.
- Cankerworm – Signs include caterpillars feeding on the leaves and defoliation.
If you see any of the signs above, or if your tree appears unhealthy in any way, give us a call. We’ll send one of our certified arborists to assess your tree. Then they’ll run tests and observe your tree to figure out what’s wrong. After we know, we’ll come up with a treatment plan or recommend tree removal.
There may be some situations where tree removal is the only option, since the problem may affect the tree’s stability.
Give us a call if you have any concerns related to your tree’s health or find out more about our Florence tree services here.